Ownership transformations of state-owned enterprises as at 31 December 2013
8453 - number of state-owned enterprises existing as at 31 December 1990. [Statistical Bulletin no. 11, GUS, Warsaw 1991, p. 57]
6000 - number of state-owned enterprises covered by ownership transformations in the period from 1 August 1990 until the end of December 2013.
61 - number of state-owned enterprises existing as at 31 December 2013, including 21 conducting business.
I. Ownership transformations performed in the period from 1 August 1990 to 31 December 2013 [Refers to ownership transformations of state-owned enterprises performed by the Minister for Ownership Transformations/ Minister of Treasury]:
- 1754 state-owned enterprises were commercialised (29.2% of the total number of enterprises transformed), as a result of which, the following companies were created:
- 1737 companies fully owned by the State Treasury,
- 17 companies with the share of creditors, pursuant to Section III of the Act on commercialisation with the debt-for-equity swap;
- 2308 applications for privatisation were accepted (38.5% of the total number of enterprises transformed);
- no objection was raised against 1938 applications for liquidation due to poor financial standing, pursuant to art. 19 of the Act on public enterprises (32.3% of the total number of enterprises transformed);
- shares/stocks in 1291 companies fully owned by the State Treasury, established as a result of commercialisation, were made available, including in:
- 512 - through the contribution of stocks/shares to the NFI,
- 538 - through indirect privatisation,
- 127 - through replacement of claims to stocks/shares within BPU,
- 72 - through complimentary disposal of shares in favour of local government units,
- 14 - through taking over of shares in the increased capital of companies fully owned by the State Treasury, through entities other than the State Treasury and state legal persons,
- 28 - according to other procedure;
- 2222 state-owned enterprises privatised directly were deleted from the register of entrepreneurs;
- 1163 state-owned enterprises privatised directly were deleted from the register of entrepreneurs following the completed liquidation.
II. Ownership transformations performed in the period from January to December 2013:
- execution of 81 privatisation projects for companies with State Treasury share was completed, including:
- 69 privatisation agreements were concluded;
- 5 exchange projects were implemented;
- complimentary transfer of State Treasury shares/stocks in favour of local government units was performed in 5 companies;
- in 2 cases State Treasury stocks/shares were contributed to increase share capital of other entities with State Treasury share;
accordingly, ownership transformations were performed:
- in 17 companies fully owned by the State Treasury, including
- in 15 companies fully owned by the State Treasury, established as a result of commercialisation;
- in 64 companies with partial State Treasury share, privatisation was continued through the disposal of subsequent blocks of shares/stocks;
- 1 state-owned enterprise was privatised;
- the Minister of Treasury did not raise objections against 4 applications for liquidation of a state-owned enterprise for economic reasons;
- the following enterprises were deleted from the register of entrepreneurs: 4 state-owned enterprises after the completed liquidation and 4 enterprises after the completed bankruptcy procedure;
- among companies supervised by the Minister of Treasury, 14 companies after the completed liquidation and 13 companies after the completed bankruptcy procedure were deleted from the National Court Register.
III. Companies supervised by the Minister of Treasury
According to the status as at 31 December 2013, the Minister of Treasury executed the rights arising from stocks/shares in 249 companies conducting operations (excluding 137 companies holding only employee stocks/shares).
Among 249 "active" companies - conducting operations:
- in 106 companies the State Treasury share reached 100%,
- in 30 companies the State Treasury held the majority share,
- in 113 companies the State Treasury held the minority share.
Moreover, in 244 companies, legal proceedings were carried out, aimed at termination of their operations:
- in 102 companies the liquidation process was pending,
- in 85 companies the bankruptcy process was carried out,
- 57 companies did not conduct any operations.