Ownership transformation of state enterprises as of July 31, 2005
In the period between August 1, 1990 and the end of June 2005, privatisation processes were initiated in 5,679 (347)* state enterprises under the Act on Privatisation of State Enterprises, the Act on Commercialisation and Privatisation of State Enterprises and article 19 of the Act on State Enterprises.
In the register of state enterprises (REGON), as of June 30, 2005, there were 1,124 state enterprises **.
As of June 30, 2005, the Minister of the Treasury was the founding body for 25 enterprises and one a state bank, and he supervised 1,474 companies, including 449 Treasury corporations (sole shareholder companies of the Treasury) and 1,025 companies in which the Treasury held shares or stakes.
As of July 31, 2005, 1,575 (65) state enterprises were commercialised (i.e. 27.7% of the total number of enterprises under transformation), which resulted in establishment of:
- 1,558 (64) sole shareholder companies of the Treasury,
- 17 (1) companies with participation of creditors, in accordance with Section III of the Act on Commercialisation and Privatisation (commercialisation with conversion of liabilities).
In the period January – July 2005, 13 state enterprises were commercialised, for which the founding body was:
- Minister of the Treasury – 3 enterprises,
- Minister of Defense – 2 enterprises,
- Province Governor – 8 enterprises,
In July 2005, 2 state enterprises were commercialised:
- Przedsiębiorstwo Państwowe Polskie Nagrania (founding body - the Minister of Treasury),
- Katowickie Przedsiębiorstwo Geologiczne in Katowice (founding body - Governor of the śląskie province).
Between August 1, 1990 and July 30, 2005, the Ministry of Ownership Transformation / Ministry of the Treasury and the Privatisation Agency made available shares / stakes in 1,011 (47) Treasury companies:
- 355 (46) – by way of indirect privatisation (Treasury corporations),
- 17 (1) - in accordance with Section III of the Act on Commercialisation and Privatisation,
- 127 - under the framework of BPU (banking settlement procedure) – liabilities swap,
- 512 - by way of contribution of shares / stakes to National Investment Funds (NIF).
Within the period of January – July 2005 the privatisation process was initiated through the sale of first block of shares in 3 Treasury corporations (sole shareholder companies of the Treasury).
Within the period of January – July 2005, privatisation was continued in 47 companies with Treasury shareholding, through sale of subsequent Treasury shares / stakes. In July 2005, shares were sold in the following 6 companies:
- Fabryka Narzędzi Skrawających "FENES" S.A. in Siedlce - 9,70% of shares, investor: COGEFIM S.R.L. (ITALY), privatisation completed,
- Przedsiębiorstwo Wyposażenia Budownictwa "METALPLAST – CZĘSTOCHOWA" S.A in Częstochowa – 25% of shares, investor: Securidev S.A.(FRANCE), privatisation completed,
- Technologie Buczek S.A. in Sosnowiec – 8,81% of shares, investor: Górnośląski Fundusz Restrukturyzacyjny S.A., privatisation completed,
- Małopolska Giełda Rolno-Ogrodniczej MAGRO S.A. in Kraków – 0,41% of shares, investor: Sobiesław Zasada Lt.d Sp. z o.o., privatisation completed,
- Przedsiębiorstwo Produkcyjno-Handlowo-Usługowe PRESKO Sp. z o.o. in Kraków – 0,82% of stakes, investor: individuals, privatisation completed,
- Bank PEKAO S.A. – 0,0008% of shares, investor: collective entity.
In July 2005 took place the disposal of 3,05% of shares in V NARODOWY FUNDUSZ INWESTYCYJNY S.A.
In July 2005, conditional agreement was concluded to sell 61% of shares in Przedsiębiorstwo POLMOS BIAŁYSTOK S.A. in Białystok.
Between August 1, 1990 and the end of July 2005, 2,233 (155) applications for direct privatisation were accepted, in accordance with article 37 of the Act on Privatisation of State Enterprises and article 39 of the Act on Commercialisation and Privatisation (that figure accounts for 39.3% of the total number of privatised enterprises). 2,139 (208) state enterprises were struck from the register.
Within the period of January – July 2005, 16 applications for direct privatisation were accepted. Within that period 16 directly privatised state enterprises were struck from the register of enterprises.
In the period between August 1, 1990 and the end of June 2005 no objections were raised towards 1,871 (127) applications for liquidation because of poor financial situation in accordance with art. 19 of the Act on State Enterprises. This figure accounts for 33.0% of the total number of privatised enterprises. 1012 (166) enterprises were struck from the register, while in 674 (50) bankruptcy was declared.
Within the period of January – July 2005, the Minister of the Treasury did not raise objections towards 18 applications for liquidation for economic reasons.
Within that period in 22 cases liquidation was completed by removal from the register and in 1 liquidated enterprise bankruptcy was declared.
* The figures in brackets concern privatisation activities undertaken by July 31, 2005, by the Government remaining in office since October 19, 2001 (4th Parliament of the 3rd Republic of Poland).
** Statistical Bulletin, No. 6, GUS (Central Statistical Office), Warsaw 2005, Table 61.